Re: [Evolution-hackers] Calendar Publishing Bounty Questions

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 13:15 -0600, Gary Ekker wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 09:50 -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
> > > >
> > > I think we should publish the .ics file as it is. That would cover more
> > > setups than relying on phpicalendar.
> >
> > There are two different use cases here: publishing an ics file for other
> > programs to use, and publishing an HTML calendar for people to use. The
> > phpicalendar solution lets you have both, but there may be people who
> > want to publish an HTML calendar but don't have a server running PHP.
> >
> So does anyone have any recommendations for publishing an html formatted
> calendar? Do I just hack something up using gtkhtml? Seems like that
> could be fairly labor intensive. Any other ideas? Do we just make PHP or
> some other ics to html converter be required for this?

gtkhtml is for viewing HTML, what you need here is to generate HTML to
upload it to a server. I don't know of any html-generation API, so I
guess you'll have to do it "by hand" (writing the HTML code directly).
Maybe we can do it via CSS or something similar.

cheers