Re: [Evolution-hackers] Calendar Publishing Bounty Questions

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 09:50 -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 00:56 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 08:05 -0700, Gary Ekker wrote:
> > > So the question is, do we require the ability to publish an HTML file to
> > > any given URI, or should we just support the phpicalendar interface for
> > > this functionality? If we want to support publishing an HTML file
> > > natively, does anyone know a simple way to convert ical to HTML?
> > >
> > I think we should publish the .ics file as it is. That would cover more
> > setups than relying on phpicalendar.
>
> There are two different use cases here: publishing an ics file for other
> programs to use, and publishing an HTML calendar for people to use. The
> phpicalendar solution lets you have both, but there may be people who
> want to publish an HTML calendar but don't have a server running PHP.

So does anyone have any recommendations for publishing an html formatted
calendar? Do I just hack something up using gtkhtml? Seems like that
could be fairly labor intensive. Any other ideas? Do we just make PHP or
some other ics to html converter be required for this?

-Gary