Re: [evince] One very stupid question

On Thu, 2014-02-20 at 13:55 +0800, Alex Leontiev wrote:
[...]
Here's a thing. In modern .pdf format there's a feature called links, which
allows You to link from Your .pdf to some resource on web, or to another
part of the same .pdf (say, link to equation if its math article, or to a
reference item). Now, that's very convenient, and evince processes them
well. What is unconvenient, however, is that unlike traditional browsers
You don't have "history" of links traced and don't have "back/forward"
button. So, going back to the case of math article, if I go to reference
item at the very end of a paper, I than have to scroll the whole way back
to where I was, and that's annoying. Hence, the question:

   1. Would developers of evince be interested to see such a feature (I
   mean, back/forward buttons, as described above) in their application?
   2. Can I work on it? (my github page: https://github.com/nailbiter )

Hi Alex,

First at all, this is not a stupid question at all. Second, as Anuj
Khare pointed out, it is a bug (there are some of them related to the
history navigation).

You are very welcome to contribute with Evince if you feel inclined to
do so. In https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evince you can look in the section
"Looking to get busy?" on how to get involved.  There are many way you
could contribute and help us to make a better Evince.

Regards,

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/