[evince] One very stupid question

Hello, there

Guys, let me open with disclaimer/apologize. I'm not familiar with how the development works here in GNOME, so I'm not sure whether I've posted my message to the correct place. Please, reach upon it and forward if necessary to the right people.

Here's a thing. In modern .pdf format there's a feature called links, which allows You to link from Your .pdf to some resource on web, or to another part of the same .pdf (say, link to equation if its math article, or to a reference item). Now, that's very convenient, and evince processes them well. What is unconvenient, however, is that unlike traditional browsers You don't have "history" of links traced and don't have "back/forward" button. So, going back to the case of math article, if I go to reference item at the very end of a paper, I than have to scroll the whole way back to where I was, and that's annoying. Hence, the question:
  1. Would developers of evince be interested to see such a feature (I mean, back/forward buttons, as described above) in their application?
  2. Can I work on it? (my github page: https://github.com/nailbiter )

Best Regards,
Alex