[evince] Make search side bar optional

Hello there,

I'd like to have an option to disable the search side bar that is activated
automatically when the user starts a search.  There are situations where
said bar provides no useful information and it only detracts from the user
experience by making the document pane smaller and scaling the content down.
See this screenshot as an example of what I'm saying:

http://i.imgur.com/Vr1bbTZ.png

By the way, does Evince have preferences? I see a menu item to "save current
preferences as default" but I can't find anywhere where I can actually
change the preferences.

Regards.