Dia shape sizes

Hello, my name is Ricardo and i am new using dia. I have a question and hope someone out there can help out. I have created many shapes and a sheet to save them for my diagrams. When i created the shapes y was very careful with the size of each chape, because they represent real things (connectors), and i wanted to be able to create a 1:1 scale diagram. The problem is that when i drag a shape created by me from my library sheet into a new diagram, i get the shape with another size that isnt the one i created it with. Can someone help me find out how can i drag a shape created by me from the sheet and get the real size of the shape in the new diagram. Does it have something to do with diagram scales?.
Thanks
Ricardo