re: once more with feeling (now going dotty)

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 dia-list-request gnome org wrote:
From: Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu>
I just released a new release of autodia - version 1.3, now with added
workingness for PHP and C++.

[snip]

That's good to hear!  It's a very useful tool -- I'll have to try it on
some of my larger projects now.

thats good news - did you notice your namne in lights^w the credits file ?

I've obviously hit a nerve this time as I got a lot of feedback quite
quickly with this release. about 100 downloads in a couple of days is a
good sign :)

I've been thinking about an import filter for dot files -- it would allow
some final adjustments of dot-generated graphs.  THere is an option in dot
to have it output its own format, but with layout coordinates as
annotations.  Being able to read those would be nice.

Golly! coords would be *so* cool - I will have to do a load more work with
graphviz so I can really make the most of it. I will probably start off by
allowing a dot format output and automagically using the right file format
from the filename.

several new issues have appeared already but none of them should take long
to fix.

obDia :

how useful / possible would a code to FSD or even FSD to code tool be. UML
is *so* passe ;) State Diagrams rock, I haven't really done many since uni
but I think I could parse out some clues from perl code and possibly c++ -
anybody else got any ideas.

finally anybody interested in a chart/graph/related tools website and
mailing list - maybe something like use.perl.org ?

hope I haven't wondered too far off topic - as always email me direct if
you aren't sure its relevent to the dia list

cheers,

A.

--
Aaron J Trevena - Perl Hacker, Kung Fu Geek, Internet Consultant
AutoDia --- Automatic UML and HTML Specifications from Perl, C++