Re: Gnome logout script

> > I'm running evolution-1.4.5-0.ximian.6.0 on a fully updated RH9 with
> > XD2.  I've tried applying your patch to the source RPM, but configure
> > can't find the db3 library.  The spec file refers to evo-db3, but I've
> > only found evo-db3-3.1.17-ximian.2 for outdated Red Hat releases - is
> > there a current version I've yet to find?
> >
> I think it is somewhere in red-carpet, or at least it was some time ago,
> not sure.

Nope, still can't find it anywhere - presumably just some internal
package used to automate building source packages at Ximian.  However
having patched configure to link pthread I can use my fresh build of
db-3.1.17 instead.

> > Next I tried checking out the CVS tree, but it seems that requires more
> > recent versions to build (e.g. gtkhtml3.1).  Do I have to update
> > everything to the latest unstable releases just to test a small patch?
> >
> you got HEAD, which is the development version. You should get the 1.4
> branch which you can get by running:
>
> cvs co -r evolution-1-4-branch evolution
>
> The patch is for that CVS version, so it should apply perfectly.

OK, that all works fine and even builds (!).  However installing fails:

/bin/sh ../../mkinstalldirs
/home/sean/src/cvs/evolution-1-4-branch/install/lib/evolution/1.4
 /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c
libemiscwidgets.la
/home/sean/src/cvs/evolution-1-4-branch/install/lib/evolution/1.4/libemiscwidgets.la
libtool: install: error: cannot install `libemiscwidgets.la' to a
directory not ending in /usr/local/lib/evolution/1.4
make[3]: *** [install-privlibLTLIBRARIES] Error 1

Can this be easily fixed or worked around, or can I try and run Evo
without installing it?

Cheers,

Sean.

--