Re: Gnome logout script

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 09:03, Sean Atkinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > Presumably as a result of this bonobo-activation-server and gconfd-2
> > > also remain.  Previously I remember seeing oafd too.
> > >
> > hmm, that's weird. If wombat was running and the alarm daemon wasnt.
> > What version of evolution are you running? Could you apply the attached
> > patch to the evolution 1.4 branch and see if it still happens?
>
> Sorry for the late response - Evo had a funny five minutes and I lost my
> original reply...
>
> I'm running evolution-1.4.5-0.ximian.6.0 on a fully updated RH9 with
> XD2.  I've tried applying your patch to the source RPM, but configure
> can't find the db3 library.  The spec file refers to evo-db3, but I've
> only found evo-db3-3.1.17-ximian.2 for outdated Red Hat releases - is
> there a current version I've yet to find?

I think it is somewhere in red-carpet, or at least it was some time ago,
not sure.

> Using this old version, configure complains it can't find the db3
> library, apparently because the linker is missing '__ctype_b'.  I get
> similar results trying to configure using a fresh build of db-3.1.17,
> only the link fails against pthread references instead.
>
> Next I tried checking out the CVS tree, but it seems that requires more
> recent versions to build (e.g. gtkhtml3.1).  Do I have to update
> everything to the latest unstable releases just to test a small patch?

you got HEAD, which is the development version. You should get the 1.4
branch which you can get by running:

cvs co -r evolution-1-4-branch evolution

The patch is for that CVS version, so it should apply perfectly.

cheers