Re: The noninclusion of Gaim

Le ven 10/10/2003 à 18:58, Zeitgeist a écrit :

> > b) it is up to Gnome standards
>
> 	I think it has surpassed GNOME standards for a quality application.

Well, although Gaim is a very good piece of software, it has some rough
edges UI-wise (certainly not on par with the rest of the GNOME desktop):

- When first run, the configuration isn't evident at all for a new user
(I witnessed that with 3 reasonably intelligent computer users I advised
to install it)
- It opens loads of useless dialogs in case of network disconnection
(one per disconnection per account, this can be a lot)
- The prefs dialog is full of obscure/useless settings who I'm sure
won't be used by anybody (set your default font to strikethrough, anyone
?), plus settings which would be redundant for a GNOME app (proxy,
navigator)
- The accounts management window is now a bit better, but still: having
the "delete account" button just next the "close window" button is a bad
idea.

No need to say that when GNOME will get a unified address book, I don't
see Gaim developers rushing to port their buddy list to that (although
that would be a grand move).

	Xav