Re: The noninclusion of Gaim

fre 2003-10-10 klockan 04.33 skrev Sean Egan:
> > (*) http://www.menthos.com/brev/gaim-devel.txt
>
> You failed to cite the following reply to that message:
>
> > From: Rob Flynn <rob fa   >
> >Re: Gaim translations and translation projects
> > 2003-01-12 17:35
> > Luke -
> > I will handle the response to Christian's message.   I'm the maintainer
> > of the project.  Let's not forget that.
> >
> > Rob

I wasn't cc:ed on that reply, and it seems Sourceforge deletes archives
after some months only.

In any case, Rob's short reply in personal mail¹, almost three months
later, just confirmed that they aimed to continue using SF CVS. Since it
also stated that they wanted to "use the GTP" it also confirmed that he
hadn't really read or understood my original mail, as that mail outlined
the differences between the GTP and the TP in detail, and that using the
GTP and at the same time using SF CVS is a contradiction in itself. In
addition, my first mail already contained a link to the instructions for
using the TP.

So I sent the instructions for using the TP again in another reply² the
day after. That was on March 3rd, more than seven months ago. I have yet
to recieve a reply on that mail, or see Gaim being imported into the TP.

Last week, I sent another reply³ with the instructions again. No reply
or action on that one either.

So, to sum this up, I see very little enthusiasm or incentive in using a
translation project, and solving the current mess that is Gaim
translations, on the Gaim developers' part. Well, some words are there,
but they look more than empty since they aren't backed up even by very
simple actions.

But more ontopic to this thread is that not once has the Gaim
developers, including the maintainer, shown any interest in using the
GNOME CVS or making Gaim GNOME software. Rather very much the opposite.

So why, once again, are we even discussing the inclusion of Gaim?

¹ http://www.menthos.com/brev/gaim-devel-3.txt
² http://www.menthos.com/brev/gaim-devel-4.txt
³ http://www.menthos.com/brev/gaim-devel-5.txt

Christian