Re: The noninclusion of Gaim

> 	* HIG-wise: I personally find GAIM to have a major problem, that am
> 	  sure can be fixed.  Most of its notifications happen with a dialog box.
>
> 	  Now the dialog box would be fine, if gaim was not a background application,
> 	  but typically am typing emails, or writing code, or typing on irc, and
> 	  a window pops up, asking me things like `approve this file request', `add
> 	  this dude to your list', `connection closed'.
>
> 	  And the problem is that when you are typing, you will have spacebars in the
>  	  middle.  When you press the spacebar, you will activate the default button
> 	  on one of these popups, and there is no way of knowing what you just did.
>
> 	  Did I allow someone to add me to their buddy list?  Or did I ditch them?
>
> 	  It should use a non-instrusive communication system like MSN
> 	  Messenger does on Windows, and for any tasks that require confirmation, queue
> 	  the questions, maybe on the IM window have a list of pending requests.

I should point out that very soon there will be window manager and
toolkit support for handling this automatically and transparently, using
the new EWMH _USER_TIME specification, so avoid having applications like
gaim steal the focus while you are typing into something.

Hopefully once this code is written, this problem will disappear.