Re: [Banshee-List] Installing 2.9.1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected in autogen.sh

Hi Sharky,

two months ago I tried it as well and had the same problems.

Here are my notes of how I solved them:

sudo apt install autopoint libtool libgtk2.0-dev gtk-sharp3 libgtk-3-dev
libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev libdbus-glib2.0-cil libdbus-glib2.0-cil-dev
libmono-addins-gui-cil-dev libtaglib-cil-dev libsqlite3-dev

added to configure.ac:76 (don't put it on top as it does not have an effect
there):

dnl added these, for avoiding errors that break ./configure
AM_CONDITIONAL(GCONF_SCHEMAS_INSTALL, false)
AM_CONDITIONAL(ENABLE_MTP, false)
AM_CONDITIONAL(LIBMTP_SIZEOF_TIME_T_64, false)

git submodule update --init
autoreconf -fvis
./configure
make
make install

As long as you don't change branch or update the configure.ac/m4 files
then the first two steps can be skipped afterwards.

But it still doesn't work for me. Dunno what error was next.

I switched over to Monodevelop, trying to compile it there. There were a lot
of dependency issues, mainly around gtk#. I solved them with compiling my
own versions of these gtk# libs.

The result was Banshee compiling ok, but crashing at start in a native gtk
ui init method (or constructor).
(there were some other gtk related issues and I was able to maybe solve them
- but maybe these non-professional fixes are the cause for the crash now, I
dunno...)

No further progress since then, I'm afraid :(

-----
http://www.nskcomputing.de | http://www.site7even.de | http://x4fun.site7even.de
--
Sent from: http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/