Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee Crashes on Import

Hi!

I noticed another annoying crash cause for several months. Banshee hangs and crashes when a network folder is mounted. I encountered it with Gnome Google Drive Files integration and Nextcloud (WebDAV mount)).

Because of that, I pushed back as long as I could the use of these tools to remotely backup my files. But I had to adopt these, either on my work and personal computers. I am on latest Ubuntu (19.04). With automated backup (using duplicity), you can't set the precise moment when a backup will start, thus Banshee can crash and be unusable anytime that a backup task runs (until the drive is unmounted).

If anyone has a solution for this, I am more than interested in it.

I put many efforts in trying to figure out how to develop Banshee over the last years. I think that I came close but I couldn't succeed. Official drop of Banshee from the Ubuntu official packages looks like a signal that its development is disappointing, isn't it?

Working mainly with Python in data science, I chose to invest my time in developing Lollypop, in a way that it will have most of Banshee powerful features such has smart playlists, playlist autofill. I already migrated my database and could quickly figure out my way to fork the project source code, start to develop it and submit pull requests to the main developer. I still use Banshee when I need my regular and smart playlists that took me years to build and refine, until those features are available in Lollypop.

I will and already miss Banshee.

Le 19-08-26 à 14 h 17, 7even a écrit :
Yes, there are others around, having the same problem.
I managed to build the source of banshee on my current system (with some
modules disabled, cause they made too much problems to me).
But building banshee from source is quite complicated, we have talked here
e. g. about this:
http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/Installing-2-9-1-Syntax-error-unexpected-in-autogen-sh-tp4652651.html

So you may try to build it also, or you may ask s. o. with the same system
to provide the binaries. I am still on 16.04 (Linux Mint 18.3).

-----
http://www.nskcomputing.de | http://www.site7even.de | http://x4fun.site7even.de
--
Sent from: http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/