[Banshee-List] Banshee Crashes on Import

I've been a fan of Banshee since I found linux many years ago. I still use it
on a 16.04 Ubuntu system with no problem. I installed it on a 18.04 Ubuntu
laptop and I cannot get it to import music. A thought it was because I was
trying to import over an smb network connection, so I tried importing from
the local Music directory. Every time, the program either hangs or crashes.

I am running 2.6.2, the latest version available in the Ubuntu repository. I
tried adding the PPA to get the 2.9 version, but apparently that is either
no longer available or incompatible with 18.04.

It looks like Banshee is, sadly, no longer being supported or updated, but I
was hoping maybe someone might know why this might be?

--
Sent from: http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/