Re: [Banshee-List] GSoC 2011 Ideas from Tobias

Dnia 2011-03-24, czw o godzinie 14:49 -0400, Tobias Arrskog pisze:
> Oh interesting, did not think of that nor knew dbus had that. I'll
> take
> a look at how its done in MediaPlayer2 then but I somewhat assume that
> this would only work after started banshee atleast once? (which will
> kickstart the thinclient). If it works no matter that does sound like
> really smart solution and creating that thin client along with a upnp
> client for banshee might be a good project?

Google "DBus activation", see for example [1]. DBus will spawn the
process that's responsible for providing the service when something
wants to connect to it. It doesn't rely on anything else.

[1] http://raphael.slinckx.net/blog/documents/dbus-tutorial

Cheers
--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <michal sawicz net>