Re: [Banshee-List] Moving Cubano to BCE and thoughts about the future of Banshee

On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 19:35 +0000, Mathijs Dumon wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:36, David Nielsen <gnomeuser gmail com>
> wrote:
> > > Ah to think it's awesome time again, GSoC is like Christmas.
> Speaking of
> > > which we still appear not to have merged much of the work from
> last years
> > > SoC, Telepathy Banshee is still not ready for mainstream
> inclusion, Mikes
> > > awesome Podcast work seems to have stopped and Mike himself
> disappeared. I
> > > think there is room for improvement in how we handle SoC
> participate, ideas?
> > > - David
> >
> > It would be great to have a list with all the "old" GSoC Projects to
> > see what have been done and what is lying around somewhere. I don't
> > think that many of the "new" banshee Users or "to-be" developer know
> > about the work done already.
> >
> > Samuel
>
> On the Cubano codebase: I think it would be a good idea to move it to
> BCE as it actually shares a dependency with ClutterFlow:
> clutter-sharp. This binding has not seen much attention, and if I had
> more time I would put time in it, sadly I don't have that time :(
>
> So if somebody would work on Cubano perhaps clutter-sharp will also
> recieve some attention, or if I find more time I could also make some
> changes to cubano when I change clutter-sharp. Makes me realise I
> should really include the source code for clutter-sharp in BCE's git
> and build system :p

Sorry to sound like a killjoy, but I don't think Cubano is going to move
to BCE anytime soon : it's not a Banshee extension, it's a so called
"Client".
Clients, like Nereid (the main UI) or Muinshee, are .exe assemblies that
use the other Banshee assemblies. They're not Mono.Addins addins. The
choice of which client to use is done during the startup of the
application.

On the other side, MiniMode is an extension, but it just hides the main
window. The main UI client is still "there", it's just not visible.

So my guess would be that, if Cubano ever moves, it'll be to the Banshee
source tree. ;)

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>