Re: [Banshee-List] Some observations on our data collecting

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 12:11 +0000, Alan McGovern wrote:
> If replay gain is supported properly, the only 'downside' for files
> without replaygain tags is that they won't play at the correct volume
> as compared to the rest of your collection.

Note that the ReplayGain specs (and our implementation) suggest that for
tracks without the appropriate tags you use an average of the 10 most
recently seen gains.  This largely ameliorates the problem of tagless
tracks being substantially louder than tagged tracks.