[Banshee-List] Could Disconnect just try to umount?

I've been unsuccessful in getting HAL to mount my Sansa Clip (I think HAL detects it but doesn't mount for some reason).  On the other hand, I can use udev to setup the device and mount it automatically with the KDE device notifier.  Then it appears in Banshee.  The only problem is that when I click Disconnect there is the error:

Could not disconnect Media Player: ... Device to unmount is not in /media/.hal-mtab so it is not mounted by HAL

Would it be difficult to make Banshee attempt to umount the device before issuing that error?