Re: [xslt] Removal of libxslt from Chrome

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 11:23:03AM +0200, Carsten Leue wrote:
I have recently learned that Chrome plans to remove client side XSLT
support (
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/blink-dev/k8aIeI6BCG0).
One of the mentioned reasons is the size of the payload of the libxslt
library (and libxml as a prereq) that is currently used to implement this
function.
I wonder if  there is a way to execute a transform with smaller prereqs,
e.g. by using a SAX interface to represent sources and result. Such that a
client could decide to use an alternate xml implementation.

thinkpad:~ -> size -t XSLT/libxslt/.libs/libxslt.a
 262666     371    1162  264199   40807 (TOTALS)
thinkpad:~ ->

 I think it's more about reducing complexity in the core browser
than really about stripping bytes...