Re: [xslt] [xml] Problem with xsltproc on Windows

On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 11:13:45PM -0500, Clifford Yapp wrote:
> Hi!  I've been trying to do some Docbook processing with xsltproc on
> Windows, and I am having some difficulties.  I'm not sure if this is a
> libxml issue, libxslt issue, or both so I have emailed both lists:
>
> Using the Windows binaries for libxml, libxslt and xsltproc.exe from
> http://www.zlatkovic.com/libxml.en.html I get the following results
> when trying to use xsltproc with a catalog file (I'm using a CMake
> script to set the environment variables and actually launch the
> command).  This setup works (obviously with different paths) on all
> non-Windows systems I've tried it on - is there something special I
> need to do for catalog files on Windows?
>
> Any help appreciated - thanks!  (Let me know if anything besides what
> is below is needed or would be helpful.)
>
> CY
>
> CMake Invocation script:
> SET(ENV{XML_CATALOG_FILES}
> "C:/docs/brlcad-build/doc/docbook/brlcad-xml-catalog.xml")
> SET(ENV{XML_DEBUG_CATALOG} 1)
> execute_process(COMMAND "C:/Program Files (x86)/xsltproc/xsltproc.exe"
> -nonet -xinclude -o
> C:/docs/brlcad-build/share/brlcad/7.21.0/html/mann/en/3ptarb.html
> C:/docs/brlcad/doc/docbook/resources/brlcad/brlcad-xhtml-stylesheet.xsl
> C:/docs/brlcad/doc/docbook/system/mann/en/3ptarb.xml)
>
> Here is the output:
>
> cmake.exe -P 3ptarb_mann_html.cmake
> Resolve: sysID C:///xsl/xhtml-1_1/docbook.xsl

  That look like a mismatch between Windows paths and URIs as
required by the XML specification.
  try to convert those to
    file:///C:/xsl/xhtml-1_1/docbook.xsl
libxml2 URI parser implement the spec and the above system ID while
being an URI does *not* mean what you expect:

paphio:~/XML -> testURI --debug C:///xsl/xhtml-1_1/docbook.xsl
scheme: C
path: /xsl/xhtml-1_1/docbook.xsl
C:///xsl/xhtml-1_1/docbook.xsl
paphio:~/XML ->