Re: [xslt] XSLT 2.0

(Sorry to take a while to respond, but it's been busy here.)

On Tue, Jun 10 2008 01:31:05 +0100, Steve Ball explain com au wrote:
> On 06/06/2008, at 7:18 AM, Tony Graham wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 05 2008 07:57:07 +0100, Steve Ball explain com au wrote:
>> There probably are enough libxslt users that there would be quite a
>> few
>> of those users who could gainfully contribute, but that raises the
>> question of why there aren't more than the dedicated few currently
>> working on libxslt.
>
> That's the same with many (most?) open source projects...

Yes.  I have a semi-coherent theory about a log relationship between
numbers of users and interested users and between them and people who
can provide code.

> See above. There's a bit of up-front design work to be done.
>>> Who is willing to help out with this effort?
>>
>> I would be willing, but I have other commitments on my open source
>> free
>> time.
>
> Don't we all... ;-)

So how do we proceed?  It's not going to get very far if it's just you
and me moaning about not having enough free time.  I'm sure a poll of
people on this list (or of people you meet on the street) would show
that most people feel they don't have enough free time.

It seems to me that it's still a bit premature to say "let's just make a
wiki and thrash out the design", even if someone were to stump up for
some non-free time.

Daniel, if I may ask, in an ideal world, how would you like to see an
XSLT 2.0 version of libxslt be developed?

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony Graham MenteithConsulting com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2