Re: [xslt] ./configure --with-libxml-src not finding libs

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 05:56:07PM -0500, Jason Viers wrote:
> I've verified that it compiles properly if .libs is appended to
> LIBXML_LIBS var, attached a patch in case it wants to be applied.

  Hum, i don't think it's fully correct.

> -		LIBXML_LIBS="-L${SRC_DIR}"
> +		LIBXML_LIBS="-L${SRC_DIR}/.libs"
>  		cd $CWD
>  	else
>  		{ { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: error: libxml source dir not found (${LIBXML_SRC}), typo?" >&5

  Basically it depends if you are compiling with libtool to generate
shared libraries or not. If you are then libxml2.la will be generated
in SRC_DIR and the archive is actually placed in the .libs subdir. But
if you are using that scheme the linker will look at the .la . What could
genrate the problem you're seeing would be if you compile libxml2 as
shared libraries, but try to use the static library to link libxslt/xsltproc

  I think the patch is wrong because if you compile libxml2 statically
(configure --disable-shared ...) then there is no .libs and the instructions
you are giving will break the link.

  make sure you configure both in the same way if you are using
--with-libxml-src configure option,