[xslt] Why is an invalid stylesheet parameter value not an error?

Hi,

in variables.c, function xsltProcessUserParamInternal(), it says:

        if (result == NULL) {
            xsltTransformError(ctxt, style, NULL,
                "Evaluating user parameter %s failed\n", name);
            ctxt->state = XSLT_STATE_STOPPED;
            return(-1);
        }

So an invalid value for a stylesheet parameter will stop processing but will
not signal an error in "state", which is explicitly reset from ERROR to
STOPPED here. Is that correct?

At a quick glance, I didn't find anything in the spec about this, but I would
actually like to see this signaled to the application level (other than a
plain string message).

Is there an easy way to find out that this case has occurred?

Thanks,
Stefan