[xslt] Controlling EOL Convention with xsltproc

Despite some hours of study, I can't figure out
whether any standard makes a statement about his
or not, so maybe it's really not an xsltproc issue,
but...

Is there any way to control the end-of-line convention
produced by xsltproc for output? I'm using the latest
Windows binaries, an xsl:output method of "text"
(no 'encoding' I tried altered the outcome),
and just can't figure out any way to convince the processor
to produce LF-terminated lines instead of CR/LF-terminated
lines.