Re: [xslt] xsltproc: endless loop with 'element include: XInclude error : bla contains invalid char'

Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 11.02.2007, 19:28 -0800 schrieb William M. Brack:
>
> [endless loop: XInclude error : ... contains invalid char]
>> Certainly looks as if there's a problem - could you please confirm the
>> problem is present with the latest release (libxslt-1.1.20), and if it
>> is, open a bug (including sample files to reproduce the problem)?
>
> I'm Debian user and Debian is in freeze, so I don't know, when I will
> have time to package this version on my own or when it reaches Debian
> Sid or Experimental. But if you want, you can try to reproduce it
> yourself. I attached the necessary files (the tarball contains a
> directory test_infinite_loop/ with all files. cd into it and run `make
> out.xml'). Can you reproduce it?
>
> Regards, Daniel

Yes, I was able to reproduce the error.  It turned out to be an error in
the XInclude processing within libxml2 (i.e. not really a libxslt
problem), so I fixed that routine (libxml2/xinclude.c).  The fixed code
is in SVN:

bill bbxp /usr/projects/gnomesvn/work $ xmllint --version
xmllint: using libxml version 20627-SVN3573
   compiled with: Threads Tree Output Push Reader Patterns Writer SAXv1
FTP HTTP DTDValid HTML Legacy C14N Catalog XPath XPointer XInclude
Iconv ISO8859X Unicode Regexps Automata Expr Schemas Schematron
Modules Debug MemDebug RunDebug Zlib
bill bbxp /usr/projects/gnomesvn/work $ make out.xml
xsltproc -o out.xml --xinclude kde-mimelnk.xsl tmp_kde-mimelnk-mime.xml
tmp_kde-mimelnk-mime.xml:3: element include: XInclude error :
smil.desktop contains invalid char
bill bbxp /usr/projects/gnomesvn/work $ cat out.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- * This file was created automatically by gnome-mime-vfs.xsl. Do not -->
<!-- * edit it by hand. It's just for temporary usage during the         -->
<!-- * `make (dist)check' target.                                        -->
<kde-mimelnk/>
bill bbxp /usr/projects/gnomesvn/work $

Thanks for the report!

Regards,  Bill