Re: [xslt] win32 build (mingw-cross compilation)

Daniel Veillard wrote:
. . .
or the gettimeofday support for such environment. Why ?

I don't understand how you can suggest making change to non-MINGW build and related code when you seems to not be able to test those !
  Please make your patches so that they affect *only* the environment
you can test, that would be a first good point to increase the value of
your patch.

Daniel
So you change the code if WIN32 and _MSC_VER is defined, removing winsock2.h.
I did some initial testing using VC 6 and had no trouble with winsock removed. Thinking about it, all I/O is handled from libxml2 so libxslt shouldn't have need for socket support anyways.

As far as the gettimeofday support goes, the patch does didn't break things but did change a couple of things: xslutils now uses the windows perfmance counter for calculating timing (not a bad thing and supposedly a recommended way of timing code).
xsltproc ends up using the clock function to calculate timing.

I'm still testing and want to try a build with VS 2005, but wanted to at least write this now as that all has to wait till Monday. Hopefully someone with another one of the affected compilers can try it as well.

Rob