Re: [xslt] Using external resources

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 02:47:38PM +0100, Tony Graham wrote:
> Mark,
>
> On Mon, Aug 20 2007 22:43:46 +0100, mark cyberporte com wrote:
> > I can't put my hand on it now, but I'm sure I saw an offer somewhere to
> > look at customising LibXSLT, for a price. Who would I contact to explore
> > the options, given that my particular concern centres on LibEXSLT? In a
> > sentence, I think the project would consist of wrapping some C code
> > around the standard LibXML/XSLT libraries to move the input and output
> > XML around. I'm working on a first version in perl, but I think the
> > XML-compiling overheads are going to be too high for production use,
> > hence my interest in recycling LibXML entities produced by exsl:document.
>
> I would be available to implement your customisations of libxslt, as you
> say, for a price.
>
> I have experience with using the libxml2 and libxslt APIs since the
> xmlroff XSL formatter uses libxslt internally for any transformations
> before the formatting stage.  I am also currently working on a libxslt
> extension to implement the DocBook XSLT extensions.

  For the record, I'm just fine people providing consulting around libxml2
and libxslt (well as long as they don't spam the list :-). I even think it
would be fine to add a page on xmlsoft.org with contacts for people we know
ca provide such support (having publicly contributed or discussed usefully
on the lists would be an easy thing to check).
  I wonder what kind of informations we should gather to put on such a
page. Ideas ?
  Also having a people page would be cool, I never did it, and the attempt
at a wiki failed miserably probably by lack of maintainance :-)