Re: [xslt] RE: [xml] does xsltproc caches subexpressions

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 10:36:15PM +0200, Buchcik, Kasimier wrote:
> But you still need to customize xsltproc.c in order to activate the
> XPath
> object cache. It is disabled by default, so we need to make people
> aware that it's there and can be activated if things run slowly.
> Add a call to xmlXPathContextSetObjectCache() in xsltproc.c after
> the creation of the transformation context:

  The proper way to do this is probably:
    - make a new libxml2 release
    - change xsltproc to activate the cache
      (or should we do that by default in libxslt)
    - release a new version of libxslt depending on the new API

doing it by default in libxslt would avoid aving to change any client code.