[xslt] Trouble with EXSLT 'function' element

  Hi

  I have trouble with the EXSLT 'function' element.  Here is a sample
XSLT script that reproduces the problem :

    ~> cat nil-bugreport.xsl
    <?xml version="1.0"?>

    <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                    xmlns:func="http://exslt.org/functions";
                    xmlns:my="..."
                    extension-element-prefixes="my">

      <func:function name="my:identity">
        <xsl:param name="attr"/>
        <func:result select="$attr"/>
      </func:function>

      <xsl:template match="/">
        <xsl:message>
          <xsl:value-of select="my:identity('string')"/>
        </xsl:message>
      </xsl:template>

    </xsl:stylesheet>

    ~> xsltproc nil-bugreport.xsl nil.xml
    compilation error: file nil-bugreport.xsl line 10 element param
    element param only allowed within a template, variable or param

    ~> xsltproc --dumpextensions nil-bugreport.xsl nil.xml # excerpt
    Registered Extension Elements:
    {http://exslt.org/common}document
    {http://exslt.org/functions}result
    {http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/}test

  So it seems the func:function element is not known.  I use xsltproc
on Cygwin:

    ~> xsltproc --version
    Using libxml 20620, libxslt 10114-CVS1011 and libexslt 812-CVS1011
    xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20620, libxslt 10114 and
libexslt 812
    libxslt 10114 was compiled against libxml 20620
    libexslt 812 was compiled against libxml 20620

  Thanks for your help,

--drkm