Re: [xslt] Trouble with EXSLT 'function' element

drkm said:
>   Hi
>
>   I have trouble with the EXSLT 'function' element.  Here is a sample
> XSLT script that reproduces the problem :
>
>     ~> cat nil-bugreport.xsl
>     <?xml version="1.0"?>
>
>     <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>                     xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
>                     xmlns:func="http://exslt.org/functions";
>                     xmlns:my="..."
>                     extension-element-prefixes="my">
>
>       <func:function name="my:identity">
>         <xsl:param name="attr"/>
>         <func:result select="$attr"/>
>       </func:function>
>
>       <xsl:template match="/">
>         <xsl:message>
>           <xsl:value-of select="my:identity('string')"/>
>         </xsl:message>
>       </xsl:template>
>
>     </xsl:stylesheet>
>
>     ~> xsltproc nil-bugreport.xsl nil.xml
>     compilation error: file nil-bugreport.xsl line 10 element param
>     element param only allowed within a template, variable or param
>
>     ~> xsltproc --dumpextensions nil-bugreport.xsl nil.xml # excerpt
>     Registered Extension Elements:
>     {http://exslt.org/common}document
>     {http://exslt.org/functions}result
>     {http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/}test
>
>   So it seems the func:function element is not known.  I use xsltproc
> on Cygwin:
>
>     ~> xsltproc --version
>     Using libxml 20620, libxslt 10114-CVS1011 and libexslt 812-CVS1011
>     xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20620, libxslt 10114 and
> libexslt 812
>     libxslt 10114 was compiled against libxml 20620
>     libexslt 812 was compiled against libxml 20620
>
>   Thanks for your help,
>
> --drkm

The extension-element-prefixes attribute on your stylesheet should include the
prefix 'func', i.e. extension-element-prefixes="my func".  You might find it
useful to look at some of the examples in the 'tests/exslt/functions'
subdirectory of the libxslt distribution directory.

Bill