Re: [xslt] libxslt problems on Linux

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 07:32:11PM +0000, barthome1 comcast net wrote:
> I am trying to learn how to use libxslt.  I took the example that John
> Flick wrote (http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/tutorial/libxslttutorial.html) and

  John Fleck :-)

> got it running on Windows.  Now I am trying it on Linux (Red Hat LE 3)

  Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 I assume. Make sure you have
libxml2-devel and libxslt-devel packages installed.

> and the gnu compiler is most unhappy.  I have tried to hack a make file
> and to have eclipse do a managed build. I get no end of complaints from
> the system include files.

  I don't know how Eclipse work w.r.t. compiling C.

> Does anyone have any hints on how to build on Linux?

http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/FAQ.html

test: test.c
	$(CC) ($CFLAGS) `xslt-config --cflags` test.c -o test `xslt-config --libs`

sounds to me like the minimal Makefile to compile a test.c program using
libxslt.