Re: [xslt] Typo in transform.c??

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:30:11 -0400, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 01:04:35PM +0100, Stuart Dootson wrote:
> > Two errors are raised during xsltParseStylesheetDoc:
> >
> >   compilation error: file very-simple.xslt element stalesheet.
> >   xsltStylePreCompute: unknown xsl:stalesheet
> >
> > Basically, xsltStylePreCompute is whinging about not knowing what a
> > 'stalesheet' is. Now - the point is - if xsltStylePreCompute doesn't
> > recognise an XSLT element (i.e. one in the
> > 'http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform' namespace), is that an error or
> > not?
>
>   Depends on the "version" attribute found ... on the xsl:stylesheet :-)
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#forwards
> depends where said element is found too.
>
> Here the error which should be reported is that no xsl:stylesheet was found.
>

> Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Desktop team http://redhat.com/
> veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/
> http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/

Ah - I see...section 2.3 also opened my eyes - I hadn't realised that
the syntax of a stylesheet was so....fluid!!! I suppose that means
that <xsl:stalesheet> could be valid, unless the XSLT namespace is
closed to extensions - although I guess you should use the
TransformAlias namespace in that case?

Hmmmm - I'm glad I'm just using the stylesheet processor, not writing it :-)

Stuart