Re: [xslt] 1) same source for compilation to linux/windows? 2) xml2pdf?

Robert Jäger wrote:

>2) In addition to transformations from XML to XML and HTML we need to
>transform from XML to RTF or PDF. Are there any libxslt-extensions
>(open-source/commercial) which support this feature (based on C)? As far as
>I know there exists only FOP on a JAVA environment.

RTF and PDF are very different animals. You could implement RTF as a
simple (!) transform, but PDF requires
a formatting engine.  xmlroff (http://xmlroff.sourceforge.net/) is what
you want, but it appears to have died (no news since last July).
Maybe you could pick up development of that?

It really depends on how sophisticated your formatting needs are.

Sebastian