Re: [xslt] How to send   to not UTF-8 html output ?

Vladimir B. Grebenschikov writes:

> As I understand   should be output as entity (  or  ) but
> not as invalid character: 0x9a, (when output encoding set to utf-8 it is
> outputed as 0xc2 0xa0 characters and work right).

But 0x9a *is* NO-BREAK SPACE in KOI-8-R.
At least according to http://koi8.pp.ru/frame.html?/utf-8.koi8-r.htmlu
which I just found using google.

And I don't think libxml does anything special here, except calling
some iconv method to convert the character set. So if there is a bug,
it's likely to be in iconv. But I don't think there is none.

Try using iconv to convert your KOI-8-R file to utf-8 (or vica verse)
and check the output.

I think your problem is a wrong understanding of what KOI-8-R is.

Morus

PS: Mozilla on linux does not have a problem to display your example.
Though I didn't test, if the space it displays is non breaking.