Re: [xslt] DocLoader API Feedback

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 04:27:01PM -0700, David Hyatt wrote:
> Ok, the API works like a charm.  I made sure to use libxml's URL

  Okay, good.

> routines so that I could guarantee that I was comparing two
> libxml-created absolute URIs, and everything works fine.  I have not

  I try to apply RFC 2396 very strictly in the URI code.

> yet done anything with the dicts.  Is sharing a dict only a performance
> optimization, or will things actually malfunction?  In my simple tests
> (so far), everything seems to work fine without my worrying about the
> dicts.

  I have replaced string comparisons with string pointer comparisons
in the code, to speed it up, and while I didn't do it everywhere
it may be extended under the assumption that dictionnaries are shared.
So it would really be better if you did shared dictionnaries. You will
gain memory footprint too.