Re: [xslt] It seems to be standard question... Leave entites intact

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 03:50:48PM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Daniel Veillard <veillard@redhat.com> was heard to say:
> |> AFAIK, XSLT 2.0 will have such ability...
> |
> |   Probably in a very convoluted and absolutely horrible to implement
> | way,
>
> That's not my impression. The character mapping stuff seems perfectly
> straightforward. I grant that it may have a performance impact, but I
> don't think we'll know if that's a serious problem or not until we
> have real numbers.

  So XSLT2 takes over the serialization too and allow the user to force
the mapping of some character values to some entities references ?
That sounds costly, that also sounds like a second transformation layer.
  Do you have a pointer to the part specifying that ?