Re: [xslt] saxon:line-number()

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 06:13:25PM -0600, Brett Kail wrote:
> Hello,
> >   Well, actually in 2.6.x there is some extra room in nodes for line
> >number
> >information, I kept your patch, it should work with a recent version of
> >libxml2.
> Well, is xmlNode->content being used now?  Is there a reason that the
> line/extra couldn't still be packed into the storage of that pointer?

  You should not have to check how it is done, the call to xmlGetLineNo()
will suffice.

> Also, I see that there's a new psvi member declared as a void *.  It would
> make sense to me if an xmlHashTable member were added instead with a few
> supporting functions:

  The PSVI is for future datatype extensions, it is not a generic
metadata access mechanism, nor a field available for user data.
I think adding an hashtable per node is just insanely expensive.

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit | Rpmfind RPM search engine