Re: [xml] Re: [xslt] libxslt effects on _private member of libxml structures

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 10:10:37PM +0100, Luca Padovani wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 14:00, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   And libxslt is gonna do an hash-table lookup for each and
> > every node of input processed ? Nope the information that the node is
> > keyed need to go in the node itself.
>
> sorry I don't get this. From the little experience I have with keys, my

  Because you didn't implemented the engine.

> understanding is that you can calculate all the keys only once (say the
> first time the key() function is used in the stylesheet), at this point
> you can create an hash-table mapping keys to nodesets. So what is the
> information you keep in the node itself?

  The problem is not to compute a static set of nodes, the problem is
given a node, know what template applies to it. Going through an
hash table lookup for each of them, or even worse walk sets of nodes to
find if the node in question is listed is not possible speed wise.