Re: [xslt] libxslt effects on _private member of libxml structures

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 05:13:25PM -0800, Sean McGuire wrote:
>  From a quick look at the archives, I got the impression that libxslt
> will, in some cases, change the "_private" member of the libxml
> structures.  I'm wondering what cases it will do this in.
>
> It seems to me it could change the value for things in the source
> document, the document describing the transformation, and/or the target
> document.  So what I'd like to know is, which of these will have their
> _private variable affected?

  For the stylesheet compilation, the document is modified and
_private is used to attach the compiled operations to the nodes
in the stylesheet tree.
  For the input documents, _private is used only when key() are
defined to attach the keys to the nodes. this also mean that an input
document with _private set on elements will be processed slower
even if there is no key() defined (but that could probably be avoided).
  I found no other way to process key() than to attach the key
to the node, and no other place to attach it than the _private
location.