Re: [xslt] Timeline XSLT 1.1, XML-Schema,...

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 11:56:28PM +0200, Bernhard Zwischenbrugger wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm just curious, will there be XSLT 1.1 support

 XSLT-1.1 is dead, for XSLT-2.0 it's a major work, this would require
a full W3C XML Schemas implementation and mine is incomplete.

> und XML-Schema validation for libxslt in near
> future?

 Show me a formal semantic for the W3C XML Schemas Structure part of the
spec and I may tell you how long this will take to implement. I'm dead serious
there, Relax-NG has a formal semantic, I was able to implement in a month.
For Schemas all bets are off...

> What about DOM3 in libxml?

  I think most aspects of DOM3 I have heard about are available in some way
in libxml2 but libxml2 don't provide an exact DOM3 interface, this can
probably be built on top of it easilly. If more fundamental aspects are
missing, I take patches if they integrate nicely and are not too big. What
do you think is missing ?