Re: [xslt] Reentrance with libxslt

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 10:30:56AM +0100, Andreas Bille wrote:
> Hello all,
> if I want to use libxslt in an environment in which several, possibly
> competing threads use libxslt, I have the following
> problem: The style-sheets I use normally contain some call to the
> 'document'-function with some kind of

  This is extremely confusing since document() is part of the
default XSLT functions available.

> URI, and this document function I not only want to provide by myself,
> but I want to ensure that every thread is allowed to
> use its own version of this function. Also, because in my environment

  Then you can't share the stylesheets. You will have to
register the function at the transformation context level
in ctxt->xpathCtxt

> this document function needs access to several services to
> perform its work, I need to be able to specify additional arguments to
> this function, which are provided if it is called from the XSLT-
> processor. So, to conclude, I have looked for some variation of the

  Use the ctxt->_private field.

> following kind of API to libxslt:

  There is nothing in your description justifying to extend or
change the API. Subscribe to the list if you want to exchange more
informations.