[xslt] Applying templates from within a python extension element

First of all, thanks for adding the python binding for extension
elements in the last release.  I've found it very useful in a project of
mine.

    When the patch was posted to this list last month, I saw mention of the
issue of applying templates to elements contained by an extension elements.
This is a feature I could really use.  Has any progress been made on this?
Is there any way I could help?

Logan