Re: [xslt] Release of libxslt-1.0.29

>    It's a real release, not an April Fool joke !
>      ftp://xmlsoft.org/
>      http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/
>
> This includes a few bug fixes from last week release and a significant
> speedup for large (flat) documents which also requires libxml2-2.5.6:
> * performance improvements especially for large flat documents
> * bug fixes: Result Value Tree handling, XML IDs, keys(), extra namespace
>   declarations with xsl:elements.
> * portability: python and trio fixes (Albert Chin), python on Solaris
>   (Ben Phillips)
>
>   Thanks for the bug reports and patches,
>
> Daniel

[clipped]

First of all great work on the latest releases of libxml2 and libxslt. I
 had some issues with our work proxy, took me like 2-3 hours to finally
download the source files using FTP (was truncating the files). I am
recompiling all of them right now. A couple of things that I needed to
do to get the stuff compiling. Currently the way I compile stuff is
extract the .tar.gz archives and do "aclocal" "autoconf" "configure"
then edit Makefile change "rpmbuild" to "rpm" and then do "make rpm". In
latest releases I had to edit the docs/Makefile since it wouldn't build
because of some xml2-refs.xml file (or something close to that) until I
removed it as a dependency. Also doing "rpm --rebuild" on libxslt
.src.rpm doesn't work since somehow it doesn't generate the libraries
and fails during build. I am doing a similar approach using the .tar.gz
w/ "make rpm". Oh yeah almost forgot somehow Makefile uses "gtar"
instead of regular "tar".

I am on Suse 8.0 system w/ an old rpm (3.0.6)

G.F. aka Gena01
http://www.gena01.com