[xslt] FW : [xml] FW : Bug libxslt

I forward this mail once again as the bugs have not been resolved in the
last release.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alain Ketterlin [mailto:alain@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr]
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2002 2:33 PM
To: Thomas Broyer
Subject: Re: Bug libxslt

Hi all,

I've just tried libxml and libxslt, and _really_ enjoyed. However, I've
found two bugs. Here they are:

1. The following stylesheet, applied to any document with xsltproc,
   produces malformed output (a literal &):

                version="1.0">
  <xsl:template match="/">
    <top><![CDATA[&]]></top>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

2. The following document gets a validity error from xmllint:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE top [
<!ELEMENT top (#PCDATA|z|lp:z)*>
<!ELEMENT z (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT lp:z (#PCDATA)>
]>
<top/>

libxml seems to consider that z and lp:z are the same, which they are
not according to DTD's syntax. (That's the kind of silly things you have
to do when you want to DTD-validate documents using namespaces, at least
in certain circumstances.)

I'm using (from xsltproc):

Using libxml 20424, libxslt 10020 and libexslt 711
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20424, libxslt 10020 and libexslt
711 libxslt 10020 was compiled against libxml 20424 libexslt 711 was
compiled against libxml 20424

Anyway, keep up the excellent work. Cheers,

-- Alain.