Re: [xslt] Troubles with the EXSLT date extensions

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 04:11:04PM +0200, Igor Zlatkovic wrote:
> Hi there,
> The old cal utility on any Unix tells another story:
>
>   [spell:~]$ cal 9 1752
>      September 1752
>   Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
>          1  2 14 15 16
>   17 18 19 20 21 22 23
>   24 25 26 27 28 29 30
>
> We can see that September 1752 in the gregorian calendar had few days less
> than it normally does. If the x and y lay on different sides of that year,
> our date:difference(x,y) will compute a wrong duration. Am I severly
> misguided in my understanding of the gregorian calendar and if I am not,
> shouldn't something be done here?

  err... that's a bit extreme. Maybe log that as an issue in the comment
in the source and if someone really wants to play and fix this he will know
why and possibly how, but I don't think there is an use for it ATM.

  A side question is that the EXSLT date and the date XML Schemas type
have somewhat similar code coming from the same source, and I'm wondering
if some of your finding shouldn't have to be reflected in schemastype.c
in libxml2 code...