Re: [xslt] XSL Sort + ICU

From: "Daniel Veillard" <veillard@redhat.com>

>  I'm also wondering if we should not provide a way to register a specific
sort
> function in a given context, sounds better for multithreaded apps,
something
> like xsltSetCtxtSortFunc(xsltTransformContextPtr ctxt, xsltSortFunc
handler);
> store it in ctxt, and have the transformation look first for it then
fallback
> to the global setting. Sounds relatively trivial,

I did half consider this approach but decided against it purely because it
would
involve changing the xsltTransformContext structure, something that will
break people's code if it changes.
If you're OK with this, then I'm happy to make these changes - I'll try and
get it
done this afternoon.

>   I should definitely be made availble, xsltproc could even use it, but
> I don't want libxslt to globally embedd it or depend on it. Is there a
> known shared library exporting ICU ?
>   Send the code here, at least it will be archived and indexed :-)

I'll send it along with the other code changes.

As a thought - would it be worth doing a similar thing for the number
formatting
(xsl:number) at some stage?

Richard