Re: [xslt] XSLT puts carriage return in html tag name

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 11:39:34AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 08:13:04AM -0800, Pramod Kankure wrote:
> > hello All
> >
> > I am converting XML to HTML using a XSLT stylesheet
> > and sending the output dynamically to browser.
> > Sometimes XSLT put extra whitespace in the HTML tag..
> > e.g
> > for ending tag </tr> it puts < then a carriage return
> > and then /tr>.. This causes HTML page not to render
> > appropriately.

Looking at the associated HTML serialization code

    xmlOutputBufferWriteString(buf, "</");
    xmlOutputBufferWriteString(buf, (const char *)cur->name);
    xmlOutputBufferWriteString(buf, ">");

I really don't see how this can happen. Please reproduce the
problem with xsltproc and provide the stylesheet and input exhibiting
the problem.