Re: [xslt] ready to use extensions??

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 02:42:13PM +0200, Janning Vygen wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 24. April 2002 14:10 schrieben Sie:
> > > I would like to have an extension which can get imagewidth and
> > > imageheight of a referenced image, so i need filesystem access
> > > for this, which can only be done with an extension.
>
> but maybe still anybody has written such an extension??? I guess a

  If it's not in EXSLT, that's unlikely.

> filesystem extension is needed very often (download size, imagesize,
> file available, url available, newest source in directory and so on.)

  Sure, note that accessing image size would require to link an
image library, so it's a strong dependancy.

> Ok, its not portable anymore as you mentioned, but i can use the
> function-available() feature before to keep it portable.

  the code, not the functionality.

> good examples for the need of those extensions:
> if you dont use unparsed entities for an image reference, but only
> href attribute in docbook you cant say if this image is available It
> would be nice to produce an error if its not
>
> How about a link list. it would be fine to check the url attribute of
> an ulink in docbook and produce an error or just render the link a
> different way if its broken.
>
> Is this the right list for asking?? How many subscribers are here?
> Maybe i should query the mulberry xslt list??

  Last time I checked there was 140+ subscriber in this list, but it
is really tied to libxslt.

  Or any EXSLT related mailing-list, yes that would be a good way to
increase the pool. The python bindings can probably allow to do those
extensions in an easy way, but the complexity would then to integrate
the Python code within your application.