Re: WG: [xslt] decimal char problem - possible Solution

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 03:10:19PM +0200, Marco Stipek wrote:
> Proposal for sollution:
>
> As far as I know the standard allows a decimal encoding.
> So I think the feature "choosing encoding type" could be added.
> Maybe in the common way things are done in libxml/libxslt with a
> global var int decimalencode (TRUE|FALSE).

  No. I don't want to add a global variable for this this is Plain Wrong.

> encoding.c:2267 and potentially in entities.c(711)

  Do your stylesheet ask for HTML output ? Does it asks for
a specific encoding ?
  I did my own test:

orchis:~/XSLT/tests/tmp -> cat doc.xml
<doc>l&#x2018;information</doc>
orchis:~/XSLT/tests/tmp -> cat doc.xsl
version="1.0">

<xsl:output method="html"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
<head/>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>
orchis:~/XSLT/tests/tmp -> xsltproc doc.xsl doc.xml
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
orchis:~/XSLT/tests/tmp -> xsltproc --debug doc.xsl doc.xml
HTML DOCUMENT
standalone=true
  ELEMENT html
    ELEMENT head
    ELEMENT body
      TEXT
        content=l#E2#80#98information
orchis:~/XSLT/tests/tmp ->

  Which looks perfectly correct and should be supported by Netscape.
So you're doing a deviation from this, probably missing the xsl:output
information in your stylesheet.
  I don't want to guess, I asked for the informations, I don't have them
yet, so far I think you did an error somewhere.